Pages

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Early 2012

The lack of posting here is embarassing. I wish I would write more often about all of the fun/amazing/funny/smart/crazy stories that happen at our house everyday.

We just completed our third (and final) post placement report! We're so glad to have that part of the process behind us...we're one step closer to finalizing the adoption.

We've been pretty busy since the begining of the year. January and February were pretty quiet months for us. We spent most of the time at home as a family. Daddy went back to work at the beginning of March and that has been a pretty big adjustment for both Mommy and the Little Moose.

Nicolas and I have been attending a playgroup for children who were adopted internationally. I am so thankful for this group, the moderator and the other moms. They all help me to realize that I am not alone and that I'm not the only one who feels the way I do.

Nicolas is doing great (well asides from missing Daddy when he's at work). His vocabulary is growing every day. He's learned his alphabet, and he's now working on recognizing his letters. He's funny and loves to play. He is a kind boy who loves people. He told me again today that he loves me and Daddy and he loves his friends. We are so lucky to have such a loving little boy.

We are glad that the weather is getting nicer so that we can play outside! Tonight after supper we walked to the park and played soccer as a family. It was a nice end to the day!

On a more personal note, both of our families have been going through some difficult times and so that has kind of overshadowed our lives for the past few months. Eric's parents are moving across the country to be closer to his grandparents. It will be difficult for us to see them go. Nicolas loves his Baboo and Bapa very much (and we do too!).  On the bright side, we'll be visiting Beautiful British Columbia again soon!

I suppose that's all for now...here are some pictures from the past few months...






Until next time... :)

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Nicholas is such a handsome little boy and it looks like he is so happy! I'm glad you found the playgroup - that sounds like a great resource. And hopefully you'll hear that the adoption is FINAL really soon! Prayers for both of your families as everyone moves through their difficult times.

Renee and Brian said...

I second everythin that Jennifer said and I just want to say you must just love hearing the words I love you from your beautiful son!! Keep the photos coming please!

Wendy said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! So handsome!