Pages

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Mother's Day

Nicolas, my son, you are a very special little boy.
 I love you so much and I am so very happy that you are my son.
Earlier tonight you woke up crying, which you normally don't do. I came to get you and I rocked you back to sleep, and as I did, I thought of the two other mother's who have taken care of you. I am so very grateful for them. I owe them a debt that I will never be able to repay. Each of us have helped you to become the wonderful little boy that you are today, and today I have the great joy of experiencing my very first Mother's Day.

In the past, Mother's Day was a day that I dreaded. I usually spent the day either depressed, crying or some sad combination of the two. Before I even fall asleep tonight (this morning) I already know that this Mother's Day will be different, special and wonderful. I know that it will be a day filled with joy - because every day with you is!

No comments: